The Perks of Being a Wildflower

4:02 pm


A staple tea dress that I can re-wear summer after summer is something I've been searching long and hard for every year for the last couple of years, and this summer, I finally found it!

Since I bought this dress I have fallen in love with it, however, it wasn't the first one I had my eye on. In fact, I initially found the Confetti Tea Dress at Topshop, but no matter how gorgeous is was I couldn't justify spending £46. So, as I always do, I shopped around until I found this beauty. 

No amount of sunbathing will change my milk bottles 😖
I found this at Bershka for a much more budget-friendly price of £25.99. The frilled edging and subtle v-neck really compliment the pretty wildflower print, which makes for a dress full of whimsy – perfect for summer!


The dress' empire line cut flatters all figures, but a downside is that it makes it a bit restrictive on the boob area. For reference, I am a size 8-10 with 34B boobs; I tried on a size S and an M (which fit much better on the boobs) but nonetheless I kept the S as the overall fit was much more flattering.


Unfortunately, I bought the dress a couple of months ago now, and so it has sold out. However, Bershka is an amazing brand for summer dresses and they have loads of floral and simpler ones that are just as beautiful. I really like this one (which is in the sale for £16.09) with the asymmetric cut, which is really cool! I also love this one which is £25.99; the darker colour scheme makes this ideal for A/W too.


Since I wanted the dress to take centre stage, I kept the rest of the outfit plain. Accordingly, I simply styled the tea dress with my favourite earrings and a cool pair of shoes I bought in the Miss Selfridge sale several months ago.

Earrings, £6 from Asos – similar here.
I bought these earrings for my Leavers' Ball way back in June, but I wear them all the time! I am not usually a fan of gold jewellry, but the minimalist abstract shape looks elegant rather than gaudy. Since I've had my haircut, when it comes to earrings it's the bigger the better, which is why I only wore this piece of jewellry – they make a statement that speaks for themselves!


I've had these shoes for months now, but this is the first time I've worn them out! The nude colour of the pumps goes really well with the cream background colour of the dress and the pale pink flowers. I bought them for £16 from Miss Selfridge, and they are clearly a dupe of the Miu Miu ones (sans the buckle) – and a very good one at that!

Ballet pumps, £16 from Miss Selfridge (similar here.)
As usual, these shoes are faux leather, and you really can't tell the difference! That said, bare in mind that (like the Topshop loafers – see my blog post) they do take some breaking in. When buying faux leather shoes, I strongly advise wearing them around the house before a day of shopping in 30° heat!!


And that concludes my second outfit post of the holiday! I've done quite a bit of shopping recently (there are some perks to increased hours) so I am planning on doing a haul blog post soon, so look out for that!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:urgentloan22@gmail.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe